Knowing who your community is and getting your messages in front of them using the media (or social media for that matter) is only part of the equation. Often it’s about bringing that community together or harnessing their collective voices for the greater good. So often we hear people discussing the importance of community or employee engagement, yet the programs put in place are often only one-way communication. To have community programs work well, you need to put yourself in the shoes of your community members – using the WIIFM principle. Establishing and maintaining that engagement can also be key to driving profit for your brand now and over the longer term.
Are you engaging your community or simply talking at them?
The 4 keys to community engagement involve:
- Understanding your community
- Being prepared to make changes where necessary
- Including your community in the process, and;
- Enabling a dialogue with your communications team.
If you’d like to establish and maintain your community engagement to help you achieve long-term success, we can help! It’s all about placing you at the centre of the people who matter most to your business/organisation (and those who feel your business/organisation matters most to them) and discovering the most effective ways to communicate with, and engage, your audience. At KAMCT, we work strategically around the Wheel of Organisational Opportunity, more affectionately known as the WOO! (that’s it above) and offer services in:
- Creating ambassador/champion programs
- Positioning you as a thought leader in your field
- Protecting your business reputation through issues and crisis management and training
- Building and implementing a plan that has your potential and existing community engaging with your organisation
- Understanding how and where you can leverage your community touch points
- Developing your content marketing strategy
- Writing or ghost writing materials including blog, social media and website content, e-books and more
- Acting as your community manager to ensure you are social in nature, not just social online and to help you maximise two-way communication
- Community issues audits and research
- Getting your content in front of your community through media training – helping you develop and deliver the right messages
If you’re ready to really engage with your community and build better partnerships with them we’d love to help. You can always give us a call on (02) 9994 8005 or drop us a note.